Thursday, June 30, 2011

Neighbourhood of the week: Praça Benedito Calixto

If you are looking for something nice to do in the weekend and happen to be in Brazil, you should go to the street market at Benedito Calixto park in Sao Paulo. The market is one of my favourite spots in the city, with more than 320 exhibitors showcasing antiques, furniture, chandeliers, handbags, silverware, prints, knick knack, etc.
And if you are looking for unique clothing and accessories done by local designers, just cross the street and you will find a market with small treasures at great prices. I found some treasures myself that I would like to share with you:
-Vila Honorata bags. I like the multi-coloured straw clutch that can be used in many ways.
flickr.com/photos/vilahonorata
-Absolutely LOVE the sequin owl cute little bag-My fave leather bracelet. I bought a blue snake and a purple snake wrist piece. Love it!
-Last but not least is the silk hand painted small pouches by Marlene Wolfensberger with Brazilian motifs such as Ipanema beach's sidewalk, Brazilian lyrics, etc....www.flickr.com/photos/mwolfensberger

What: Benedito Calixto Market
When: Every Saturday from 9am to 3pm
Where: Praça Benedito Calixto, Pinheiros

Tweet This Post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty decent post. I just stumbled upon your site and wanted to say that I have in reality enjoyed reading your web site posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

Anonymous said...

kyrie 9
yeezy boost 350
yeezy boost 500
jordans shoes
supreme clothing
hermes birkin
cheap jordans
supreme clothing
off white outlet
chrome hearts outlet