Thursday, August 23, 2007

Knit me up

In looking for original “chunky knit” pieces, the must haves of the fall season, I have found this amazing store on Queen Street west.

Americo Original has a unique décor, the combination of wood with the warm colours of the merchandise gives the ambient a rustic Argentinean feel. The store offers a combination of one-of-a kind pieces, from textile yarns, to ready to wear pieces, knit accessories, a home line (sofas and rugs), jewelry, leather boots, knit purses, etc.
The assortment of yarns is quite inspiring, from hand spun merino wool, to llama, alpaca all imported from Argentina in natural organic dyed colours.
The store is also offering knitting classes, and according to the co-owner Nicole Sibonney, the beginner classes show how to knit that amazing purse, I can’t wait to start knitting my own purse.
You can find more information on www.americo.ca, check it out and let me know your thoughts.

Tweet This Post

0 comments: